I bought evaluation board: stm32f723e-disco
I want to communicate stm32f723e-disco with PC through USB cable through virtual com-port
I use Keil as IDE.
Where can I find example project to start working with usb?
Hello kashuba.dmitry ,
As there is no CDC example in the STM32CubeF7 with STM32F723E-Discovery device, you can start with another working USB example and get inspired from this "CDC_Standalone" application, it may helpf you :
Thank You! Tell me please, how can I see the working of this example? What must I do?
You find a readme.txt file describing how to use and test the example. You should follow the instructions detailed in this file.
Tell me please, what driver I need to setup on PC to work with board stm32f723-disco?
I also have another question.
I use Keil v.5
1. I opened the project in folder STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0\Projects\STM32F769I_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_Standalone\MDK-ARM
2. in file "main.c" in function "int main (void)" I found function "USBD_Init(&USBD_Device, &VCP_Desc, 0)";
3. in the definition of the function "USBD_Init()" I found function "USBD_LL_Init(pdev);"
4. in the definition of the function "USBD_LL_Init();" I found function "HAL_PCD_Init(&hpcd);"
5. in the definition of the function "HAL_PCD_Init();" I found function "HAL_PCD_MspInit(hpcd);"
6. in the definition of the function "HAL_PCD_MspInit();" in file "stm32f7xx_hal_pcd.c" I DIDN'T FIND THE CONFIGURING OF THE GPIOs FOR USB
7. through the search in file "usbd_conf.c" of this project I found another definition of the function "HAL_PCD_MspInit();" where GPIOs are configured for USB!!!!!!
WHY THE DEFINITION OF THE FUNCTION "HAL_PCD_MspInit();" IS IN FILE "stm32f7xx_hal_pcd.c" (__weak void HAL_PCD_MspInit(PCD_HandleTypeDef *hpcd)), BUT NOT IN FILE "usbd_conf.c" (void HAL_PCD_MspInit(PCD_HandleTypeDef *hpcd))?
Retrieving data ...