AnsweredAssumed Answered

Looking for documentation on the CUSTOM_HID_ReportDesc_FS in usbd_custom_hid_if.c for custom HID.

Question asked by Kevin Flanagan on Jun 1, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 by Kevin Flanagan

Looking for documentation on how to setup the CUSTOM_HID_ReportDesc_FS in usbd_custom_hid_if.c on a custom HID interface.

I seem to be banging my head against a wall, the forums, google, Badreddine Bouzouita's youtube example, the custom hid example in STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.16.0, ect... in trying to get a custom hid working on a Nucleo-STM32429zi board.

I get enumeration on a Windows 10 machine, but end up with errors that appear to be related to the report descriptor under device manager. Messages like "An unknown item was found in the report descriptor" (most examples I found) and "Extra end collection found or end collection not found." (When left blank 0x00, 0xC)

This brings us back to CUSTOM_HID_ReportDesc_FS. In a nutshell, I need to create structure to exchange 64 byte messages in and out, and seem be failing with this descriptor. 

Any help finding the required documentation to understand and create a working descriptor would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Outcomes