AnsweredAssumed Answered

Nucleo F429zi and STM32CubeMX very beginner question.

Question asked by Kevin Flanagan on May 22, 2017
Latest reply on May 26, 2017 by avi_crak.videocrak

Nucleo F429zi and STM32CubeMX very beginner question.

I am switching over to the Nucleo F429zi (old PIC32 user) and running into a problems I can not seem to surmount and don't even know what question I need to ask.

It seems that basic. I can get a simple blinking led working with an eclipse tool chain (as described  chapter 3 of Mastering STM32), but when I switch to trying do a similar blinking LED with STM32CubeMX generated code I can not get it to work for either the eclipse or true studio (free version) tool chains (correct tool chains selected in both cases). I just upload a brick. I've tried this a couple of times with both compilers after reviewing multiple docs and presentations and am still banging my head.

I deeply suspect that I am configuring something very wrong in STM32CubeMX (I am picking the NUCLEO-F429ZI board option). Anyone have any pointers, or gotcha's that I am most likely tripping over at the STM32CubeMX stage?

(Long term goal is a USB HID on this device... hence the need of STM32CubeMX and proper hooking into the HAL).

Thanks in advance.

-Kevin

Outcomes