AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with STM32F769I-DISCO LCD initializing with provided Example

Question asked by Green.Michael.001 on May 22, 2017
Latest reply on May 24, 2017 by john doe

Hello,

I recently bought the STM32F769I-DISCO to learn and do independent work with the M7-Cortex MCU series, and decided that the features of this board would be sufficient for such work, having special interest in working with its provided LCD as well.

I'm currently using the Eclipse IDE and have the Cross ARM toolchain installed, using the 2017 q1 version. I was able to build the GPIO example or the Blinky LED and have the board be able to communicate with both LEDs. I decided afterwards to jump straight into the DSI_LCD examples to see how they work. I installed the BSP packages and had everything set up correctly as far as I'm concerned, with the header/source files provided being able to compile correctly. The driver packages by the way were compiled by STM32-CubeMX, and I initialized all peripherals to their default state, as well as enable the LCD and LEDs.

The example is supposed to draw from 2 images, both which are apparently inside the header files stored in the form of a massive array which colors a 320x240 image. Everything compiled nicely, with the exception of some common warnings about unused variables (which if I haven't already mentioned, the source, header and BSP files were provided from the ST 1.7.0 package while the drivers were provided from the CubeMX software). Once that's done, I flash it using ST-LINK 4.0.

The image attached is what appears when the flash is complete. A mess of pixel noise with some odd blocks. I have no idea what the problem could be considering this is supposed to be an example project that, according to the readme, should just work in drawing the images if the drivers were set up correctly. I should mention specifically that this project in question is the LCD_DSI_VideoMode_SingleBuffer provided in the STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0 package.

Any idea on what to do to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes