AnsweredAssumed Answered

Program STM32F103C8T6 with Eclipse on a Windows 10 machine

Question asked by Gary Rubin on Apr 29, 2017
Latest reply on May 13, 2017 by Gary Rubin

OK, I am sold on STM32 big time. The devices I am using are on a development board, but it's the STM32F103C8T6 at the core. It is the same device used to program using STLINK V2 from a discovery board.

When I can program this device, I plan to production run my own board using this device. 

What I am having lots of issues with is programming the device with other than the Arduino IDE. I want to use Eclipse on a Windows 10 machine, and maybe use my home Debian Linux server but it has no GUI. I do not want to CLI or Command Line Interface this board for now.

I have gone through numerous tutorials and posts about using OpenOCD with Eclipse, but nothing I have followed has worked.

I am using a STM32 discovery board to program my STM32F103C8T6 and it works fine with Arduino IDE. I want to break out of the Ardiuno IDE though and use Eclipse. I am interested in using my Eclipse Neon 3 build to program everything I have embedded that supports SWD.

I don't want my hand held in doing this. Just a link to a working tutorial would be good enough for me. Advice in addition would be cool, but I know all of you are so busy.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Hop

Outcomes