I'm trying to connect to an STM32F072R8 discovery board using an ST-LINK/V2. I am using the ST-LINK utility to do so. The utility tells me I have an "Internal command error" whenever I try to do this. Interestingly, I am able to program easily and successfully through the on-board USB programmer. I have ensured the following:
1) All appropriate connections are made - V_sense on VDDIO2, NRST is conencted
2) Target is externally powered
3) Flash erased (using on-board USB programmer)
4) Connect under reset mode
5) Attempted many different SWD frequencies (4 MHz to 5 kHz)
6) Updated the ST-LINK firmware.
I have attached a photo of my connections to between the ST-LINK and dev board. I have also attached the trace log output file when I try to connect with an SWD frequency of 100 kHz. I have also attached a screenshot of my settings.
I have searched the internet for other potential fixes, but I can't find anything. I greatly appreciate any help in debugging this issue! Thank you.