AnsweredAssumed Answered

X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 BLE shield with the STM32F103 Nucleo board in mbed

Question asked by Nicholas Yunker on Apr 5, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2017 by Nicholas Yunker

Hello everyone, I am attempting to use an X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 BLE shield with the STM32F103 Nucleo board in the mbed online IDE. Every time i add the X_NUCLEO_IDB0XA1 library to my project it will compile with no problem but when I load it onto my F103 Nucleo board it stops all my previously working code from working.  I haven't even added any calls or include statements for this library; I am just loading the library into my program tree and compiling.  Adding the BLE_API library works fine it's when I add the shield library after it that it causes the issue.  Can anybody help?

Just for reference I am using the TCS3472_I2C library as well to control the TCS3472 color sensor.  Using this library to pull color data from the sensor and print that to my PC serial port works perfectly until I add the X_NUCLEO_IDB0XA1 library.  Once I do that, the data stops outputting to the serial port.

None of the pre-written programs using the BLE shield seem to work either when I load them onto the F103 Nucleo board.  According to Mbed's list of supported Nucleo boards for the Shield the F103 is supported so I don't see how this could be the issue.

Outcomes