AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to work with Code in QSPI-Flash via XIP?

Question asked by Norbert Schröder on Mar 20, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 by Norbert Schröder

I have a QSPI-Flash with XIP, Driver is working fine. Flashing is possible with ST Link Utility. I'm using the System Workbench. I already defined the Memory Section for QSPI in the LD-File of the Project.

Now I have some Problems / Questions:

1. Is there a Way to integrate the STDLR-Driver into the System Workbench? For Keil this is possible, so what I have to do for the SW?
  2. If it is not possible, I have to split my Project. The Part which should be located in the XIP must be separated, for instance via a Library Project. But how I can compile it to get two separate Files? One must be for normal Flash and the other one for the XIP ... And then I need a Way to tell the System Workbench, that it should in Debug-mode only flash the Part for the internal Flash, but how?

If all this is not possible, I see only one other (really ugly) Way. I could write a completely new Project which is compiled for QSPI only and let's say a Part of the RAM. Then I could flash it inside of the QSPI-Flash and call it somehow from normal Firmware. For this I would need to locate the Functions in the QSPI-Flash and jump to there ... I hope, that this is not the Way I have to go

Any Ideas and Hints?

Outcomes