AnsweredAssumed Answered

Flashing MC algorithm for Motor Control Nucleo Pack with NUCLEO-F302R8 and X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1

Question asked by Ciobanu.Mihai_Gabrie on Mar 16, 2017

Hi,

I have bought the evaluation board from http://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/p-nucleo-ihm001.html. I have installed STSW-STM32100 and downloaded X-CUBE-SPN7. I followed all instructions from UM1949 & UM1945. I have connected the board(s) and played a little with them: power on, played with potentiometer from board to control the speed of the motor, played with MotorProfiler to recognize the motor.

Everything worked fine.

Now I am interested in learning programming the software for the device. I will start with blinking a LED.

What I want to know is from where I can get the .hex (or .bin) file for the MotorControl algorithm(the one currently present on device, which is supposed to contain both FOx and 6-step algorithms), in order to flash again into chip.

Searching through the installed/downloaded applications I saw the following .hex files:

- STMicroelectronics\FOC SDK\v4.3.0\STMotorProfiler\resources\assets\fws\NUCLEO-F302R8#X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1 3Sh#(4.3.0)#(31FC8A0A).hex  (size = 118 KB)

- en.X-CUBE-SPN7.zip\STM32CubeExpansion_SPN7_V1.0.0\Projects\Multi\Examples\MotorControl\Binary\STM32F302R8-Nucleo\X-CUBE-SPN7.hex (size = 66.9 KB)

Also, there is the following .bin file:

- en.X-CUBE-SPN7.zip\STM32CubeExpansion_SPN7_V1.0.0\Projects\Multi\Examples\MotorControl\Binary\P-NUCLEO-IHM001\P-NUCLEO-IHM001.bin

Why they are different (in size & content)?

Thank you.

Outcomes