AnsweredAssumed Answered

GPIO_EXTI example – HAL_NVIC_EnableIRQ() not ending

Question asked by Sebastian Gniazdowski on Jan 19, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2017 by Sebastian Gniazdowski

I'm compiling and running GPIO_EXTI example code for Nucleo-F767ZI board (on SW4STM32). The handler that blinks LED1 isn't connected and this matches what readme.txt says:

In this example:
    - EXTI_Line15_10 is connected to PC.13 pin
      - when falling edge is detected on EXTI_Line15_10 by pressing User push-button, LED1 toggles once

On STM32F767ZI-Nucleo:
    - EXTI_Line15_10 is connected to User push-button

So, handler isn't set for the Nucleo board. When I push user button and pause (debugging) the program, it is then in default handler / infinite loop. All correct.

However, the program never goes beyond those lines of EXTI15_10_IRQHandler_Config(void):

/* Enable and set EXTI line 15_10 Interrupt to the lowest priority */
  HAL_NVIC_SetPriority(EXTI15_10_IRQn, 2, 0);
  HAL_NVIC_EnableIRQ(EXTI15_10_IRQn);

When I pause, I'm still in HAL_NVIC_EnableIRQ(), the program never returns to main() to do its infinite while() loop. As already said above, it however does react to user button, so the IRQ is correctly enabled.

I attach state after step-into the function, and step over its content. As it can be seen, the program forever runs that line (thread state says: "Running: Step").

UPDATE: Here is the source code (main.c) of the GPIO_EXTI example, copied from official CubeMX package for F767 (V1.5.1): [C++] STM32 official example GPIO_EXTI for Nucleo-F767ZI - Pastebin.com 

Best regards,

Sebastian

Attachments

Outcomes