AnsweredAssumed Answered

SMT32F407 Discovery kit and working examples

Question asked by Matti Sillanpää on Jan 12, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2017 by Matti Sillanpää

Hi.

I'm using eclipse (neon.2 4.6.2)  + system workbench (latest available at 12.1.2017) plugin. The debugger worked out-of-box, which is nice.

I've tinkered with said board for couple of days and I'm little baffled. The support for this board isn't very good compared fe to 32L476G I also have. Mbed doesn't seem to support it and the STM32Cube_FW_F4_v1.14.0 doesn't seem to contain exactly this board. It has 32L4-discovery, but that doesn't fe contain UART tracing examples and by default fe the audio project needed a lot of work area tinkering to get the middleware source code links working.

The documentation left me wondering if this board is even supposed to work with uart-to-usb tracing or only swo (which doesn't seem to work without changing the jumpers, and then the debugger stops working).

Is there any simple tutorial for this board or any git repository with examples about tracing. I would like to utilize the I2S on this board, so I really would like to get the system setup properly before starting with the I2S.

Outcomes