AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32F429IDiscovery USB device MSC device descriptor request failed (Windows error code 43)

Question asked by Amaral.Alex on Jan 8, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 by Amaral.Alex

Hi all, I imported the basic USB device MSC project from version 4.18.0 of CubeMX and plan to interface this with an old IDE hard drive to make a USB drive reader. But with the device callbacks themselves still empty just to test the USB side I connected the board's user USB port and found that it's not enumerating properly with windows. Does anyone know what I have to edit from the basic template because most of the files are read-only and the Cube documentation for this middleware doesn't mention having to implement anything other than the storage itself.

I used the boards on-board 8 MHz clock to get the necessary 48 MHz for the USB with PLL settings /M=4, *N=120, /P=2 and /Q=5. I've increased my heap size in the STM32F429ZITx_FLASH.ld to 0x2710 as was suggested on another forum I saw. Other than this the code is straight from the Cube generated template so perhaps I've misunderstood something in the usbd_conf.c or usbd_desc.c files that were generated, as near as I can tell they seem complete so is there something I need to add to them in order to get the USB working?

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Outcomes