AnsweredAssumed Answered

uart HAL api's

Question asked by SRIKAR.SANA on Dec 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2017 by Toby

i am new to stm32f4 HAL api's. I have some trouble learning them. Anything useful for me is really really appreciated. 

i  was looking at the uart api. i was referring to the examples provided in the keilv5  directory. 

there in the uart using interrupt coding (FILE NAME: UART_TwoBoards_ComIT )  

path in your pc's:C:\Keil_v5\ARM\Pack\Keil\STM32F4xx_DFP\2.6.0\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Examples\UART

here are my doubts     __IO ITStatus UartReady = RESET; 

__IO ITStatus UartReady = RESET;   in this what is __IO and what is ITStatus in which header file can i find about it and how to know the different types present in it  ?

2. what is the difference between HAL_UART_Receive_IT and HAL_UART_Receive (other than blocking and unblocking ) 

and in that program  they are sending data and receiving it using UART interrupts but i dont find any IRQHandler in it .

but in the other c file which is linked to it called stm32xx_it.c 

the function is given as like this

void USARTx_IRQHandler(void)
{
HAL_UART_IRQHandler(& UartHandle);
}

what does HAL_UART_IRQHandler() do ? where is it defined ?

And if they are sending and receiving data using interrupts whyarent HAL_UART_Receive_IT() function and HAL_UART_Transmit_IT() arent mentioned inside the IRQ handler?

I would really love to have the entire code explanation if possible (if anyone with some time to spend and more patience) and I really thank for  such kind action  ......

and sorry if my doubts are very stupid.... pls provide me some tutorial links and videos from st site and i forgot to mention i am using stm32f4VG......... and stm32f4 discovery board......

Outcomes