For those we are not familiar with Eclipse based environment and do not want to pay for ide,
be aware that keil is free of Charge for all STM32 cortex-m0 and cortex-m0+ products, whatever the memory size. So you can use freely Keil MDK for all stm32f0 and all stm32l0 series.
Downloading Keil IDE
A video tutorial on how to do it:
Free Keil License
Three points and a question:
1) Thank you, ST, for providing this valuable license to use the "official" ARM toolchain with the F0 and L0 variants.
2) The memory "limitation" is 256K, so while not unlimited, it still covers the MCUs of interest (to me, anyway).
3) The license expires on 28 February 2018 (on my installation). Will this be renewed?
1. You are welcome
2. stm32f0 Maximum memory size is 256KF and stm32l0 Maximum memory size is 192KF, so indeed we are fully covered.
3. This agreement with Keil is in place since early 2015 and we have no intention to stop it.
This is indeed good news. A proper toolchain selection is a heavy
investment and must be considered carefully.
On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 6:17 AM, Laurent VERA <
After installing the F0/L0 licensing, Is it still possible to use uVision5 with other ARM processors, albeit with the memory restrictions?
No, but you can install another copy of the software in a different directory and use that one for non-F0 and non-L0 projects. The other copy will then work as you would expect, with a 32K limit.
I created one directory called "MDK STM32F0" and another one called "MDK Lite" for this purpose. Be sure to download the appropriate software packs for the corresponding versions.
Retrieving data ...