AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32VLDiscovery with KEIL µVision4 IDE crash on load/debug

Question asked by A.J. W. on Apr 2, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2011 by Donald Becker
Hey everyone!

This is my first time here and a complete novice with this microprocessor.

We are using it (STM32VLDiscovery) for our Senior Design Project in Electrical/Computer Engineering. We just switched from another board to this one. We are using the KEIL µVision4 IDE. The problem only occurs on 2 of our laptops out of 4. When we try to Load the Built project to the Microcontroller the software crashes. Down in the Build Output Frame it says: 
"Load "C:\\Keil\\ARM\\Boards\\ST\\STM32-Discovery\\Blinky\\Flash\\Blinky.AXF""</span></div>
right before it crashes. It displays the standard windows msg saying "µVIsion4 IDE has stopped working... Windows is checking for a solution."

In the details of that msg box it says the fault module is STLinkUSBDriver.dll

I tried contacting KEIL about the issue and they referred me to contact ST about it. I have submitted an online help request but I thought I would post it here as well since its obviously an issue for more people than just myself. 

In the Debug & Utilities tabs I have ST-Link Debugger accepted. Also in the Utilities I have "update target before debugging" checkbox checked. I am setup as the administrator on my system and I have even tried rightclicking the app and selecting run as administrator just to be sure. I've tried redownloading and reinstalling the IDE about a half dozen times now and becoming very frustrated with it. 

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with a AMD dual core processor. 

If I have left anything out please let me know and I will be sure to include it!
Thanks in advance!

~A.J.

Outcomes