AnsweredAssumed Answered

Path from using the discovery boards and mbed to then programming / debugging / firmware updates of the chip on my PCB.

Question asked by newton.james on May 2, 2014
Latest reply on May 2, 2014 by baird.hal.001
2nd Try... My 1st post seems to have disappeared.

So the MBED.org site and the ability to debug and program the newer development boards without installing / maintaining / updating and IDE is wonderful. I love that. But how does it translate into my own product, once I leave the development PCB behind and put an ST32F0 chip on my own PCB?

Can I place in an e.g. STM32F072CBU on by own PCB, with a USB port on the board, and then plug it in and use MBED to develop code for it? 

Or do I use the top of the discovery board to debug the uC on my PCB instead of the one on the bottom of the discovery board?

Or do I have to buy a programmer / IDE from somewhere to develop on my own board?

How about in the field firmware updates? Can my users plug USB into my product and have it enumerate as a storage device, then drop an update file I send them onto that device to update my firmware onto the chip?

I'm not finding clear documentation the the path from using the discovery boards and mbed to then programming / debugging / firmware updates of the chip on my PCB.

Outcomes