Enhanced STM32CubeMX design tools, including the Power Consumption Calculator wizard now support the STM32L0, helping designers use the new devices to reach ultra-low power-consumption targets.
STM32CubeMX helps accelerate generation of initialization code and simplifies porting of designs between different STM32 devices.
- run consumption down to 87µA/MHz
- 440nA stop mode with full RAM data retention
- fast wakeup time of 3.5µs
- Unique process technology that maintains stability over a wide temperature range
- The world’s lowest power consumption at 125°C
- The world’s lowest ADC power consumption (The 12-bit on-chip ADC draws only 48µA when operating at 100ksample/s)
A new STM32L0 Nucleo board featuring Morpho and Arduino-compatible connectors and fully supported by mbed.org (mid 2014)
Discovery kit that will host an ePaper display as well as a linear capacitive touch and self-test measurement system enabling users to measure MCU power consumption in real-time (mid 2014)
Optimized sample-code snippets dedicated to STM32L0 MCUs will also be available for both the Nucleo board and Discovery kit, providing further help for designers seeking the lowest power-consumption profile.
For engineers in Europe, ST is hosting a series of free seminars on ultra-low-power microcontroller-based firmware designs with a focus on RF. Attendees get a free STM32 L0 Nucleo kit and the M24SR NFC/RFID memory shield.
For further information and to download STM32Cube free of charge, please visit www.st.com/stm32cube.
STM32CubeL0 Press Release