AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using AFE4404 with STM32F4Dsicovery

Question asked by mordasov.ilya on Apr 25, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 by mordasov.ilya
I have a question about using TI AFE4404 with STM32F4Disco. My question about power supply. I found in datasheet, that 

Supplies: Rx: 2 V to 3.6 V, Tx: 3 V to 5.25 V, IO: 1.8 V to 3.6 V

And description of their evolution board where they describe power solution:

AFE4404 can operate from 2.0-V to 3.6-V Rx analog supply (RX_SUP), 1.8-V to 3.6-V IO digital supply (IO_SUP), and 3.0-V to 5.25-V Tx Control supply (TX_SUP).<br>The power for the board is derived from the USB input (J1) through a forward-biased diode (D1) to avoid reverse current flow. The USB data bus is ESD protected using TI’s ESD protection diode array<br>TPD4E004DRYR (U5). The USB VBUS is fed to the integrated Li-Ion linear charger and system power path management module, bq24032ARHLR (U3), which generates greater than 4.2-V output (VCC_BAT).<br>This output is fed to TI’s low-input boost converter with integrated power diode and input/output isolation, TPS61093 (U7), for generating a boosted voltage of 8.97 V. This output is fed to low-noise voltage regulator LP3878-ADJ (U9) for generating 5 V for TX_SUP. The VCC_BAT is also fed to the ultralownoise linear voltage regulator TPS7A4901DGN (U6) for generating 3 V for the MSP_DVCC, MSP_AVCC, RX_SUP and IO_SUP.<br><br>Series jumper resistors are provided to make sure the power supplies to the board are correct.

So, stm32 has +5V pin and +3V pin, do I need those ICs I described above to use with AFE4404 or it's enough to use stm's pins for this one?

Outcomes