AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32f334 BootLoading of Custom Board

Question asked by eromosele.ambrose on Mar 29, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 by eromosele.ambrose
This discussion is from an old thread 

" QUOTE
""
Hello Clive, I am sorry to put this in an old thread. But I am just trying to get my head around the bootloader/in application programming. I have looked through ST examples and have gone through several threads here (some you recommended), but I am still at sea about how to go about it.

The product(s) is(are) rack-system where we have a control board that interfaces with the board via I2C. I need to be able to update the firmware of 3 or more boards in one click of a button - meaning different I2C addresses. I am not really sure how to start with the bootloading. I have looked through the ST example. I am using STM32f334. T "" UNQUOTE"

One Response (Clive):

QUOTE ""
STM32F334/I2C

Yes, this perhaps should have been a new thread as it is sufficiently off-topic. I'd rather a new thread that cites the old one, if relevant, than have the context changed in old threads.

Is the firmware the same for each? Does your hardware self-identify which slot in the rack each of the 3 is located? How did the board designer(s) imagine this would occur?
"" UNQUOTE 

Outcomes