AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32F4Disovery - New to embedded programming

Question asked by lieber.sommer on Jul 15, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 15, 2015 by Clive One
I have recently got my hands on an STM32F4Disovery board for one of my project requirements. I am supposed to use it with a transceiver and be able to transmit packet. Although I have done a bit of programming, it is my first time that I would be programming on a microcontroller.

So, I am confused on how and where to start. I have tried to go through the user manual and data sheet of the board but they seem to be pretty exhaustive and too specific for a beginner like me. I also looked up a few tutorials online which give you a step by step instruction of what we should do for a blinking LED.

However, I believe in doing all things by myself by reading into resources. I was wondering if someone could suggest such references so that I can start programming my STM32. I started reading "The definitive guide to the ARM Cortex M3 by Joseph Yiu" and have also found " Discovering the STM32 Microcontroller by Geoffrey Brown".  Is it advisable to refer to the above two or is there any book for dummies like me?

Outcomes