AnsweredAssumed Answered

STMF4Discovery - FatFS write nonsense

Question asked by ristic.vukasin on Nov 11, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 by Montassar BEN ROMDHANE
Hi,

I'm testing FatFS with STMF4Discovery board and I have issue when I write some bytes sequnce. Generally FatFS works well, reading, writing, format, but  when I try to write data sequence: '0xAEAE' I get the wrong value: '0xD0BED0BE' on a SD card.
I have made many similar experiments this days with different values and I have the issue with '0xEEEE' value too, when I'm getting the same problematic value: '0xD0BED0BE' .

For other bytes combination of '0xFEFE' , '0xFFFF' or '0xBEBE' everything works well.
Also I have try to write data byte by byte, and also I put f_sync function between two problematic calls of f_write and issues still persist. 

Just for clarification, my connection with SDcard is over SDIO interface in DMA mode. Form hardware side, I use http://www.element14.com/community/community/designcenter/stm32f4-discovery-expansion-boards for SDcard connection.
Also I have checked power supply, and I have changed many SD cards (2GB, 4GB,8GB) formatted either in FAT16 or FAT32 from windows or from FatFS driver.

If you have some suggestion, please let me know.
Thanks

Outcomes