AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32F103 migration to STM32F215 and .ld script

Question asked by rocca.stephane on Oct 18, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2014 by rocca.stephane
Hi all,

I need to prepare a migration from existing fully functional code on STM32F103 (custom low level drivers, relatively complex interrupts and DMA schem, USB MSC with FatFS to drive uSD card : Nemuisan version) to STM32F215 architecture. I already verified the DMA changes won't affect functionality in theory.

I plan to use EMBLOCKS gcc to build new STM32F215 version (I was using CoIDE for STM32f103, but this IDE does not support F2).
So I understand from AN3427 the migration won't be too difficult by just switching Std_Periph_Lib and updating low level drivers, especially DMA schem. 

Code will probably be highly portable, do you confirm ? Do you have any experience advises regarding that migration ?

But with the Cube support of the F2 architecture (especially concerning USB MSC + FatFs) by doing this simple code migration, I will loose all the perf upgrades done on Cube ?
How much faster the new MSC is compared to last STM32 USB driver please ?

What would you do in stead of me ?

About the needed .ld script : can I use the stm32_flash.ld of the STM322xG_EVAL and just change with appropriate f215RE values in the first part of the file :

/* Highest address of the user mode stack */
_estack = 0x20020000;    /* end of 128K SRAM */

/* Generate a link error if heap and stack don't fit into RAM */
_Min_Heap_Size = 0;      /* required amount of heap  */
_Min_Stack_Size = 0x200; /* required amount of stack */

/* Specify the memory areas */
MEMORY
{
  FLASH (rx)      : ORIGIN = 0x08000000, LENGTH = 1024K
  RAM (xrw)       : ORIGIN = 0x20000000, LENGTH = 128K
  MEMORY_B1 (rx)  : ORIGIN = 0x60000000, LENGTH = 0K
}