AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fast IR camera data tranfer to computer

Question asked by karpavicius.linas on Sep 20, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 by karpavicius.linas
Hello,
I am working on projects that takes snapshot from camera, stores it to SRAM via DMA, and when process image by some mathematics, and calculate beam spot on sensor. And sends information to computer, where beam is.this part is simple.

Problems is, from time to time it would be good to send whole picture to computer ( to labview/mathlab) to see how our laser beam profile looks like. picture is exact 1024x1024 @10bits.

Right now i inly use FT2232D in spi mode, that can transfer data at 64b chunks, and whole transfer will take around 1s. since transfer will use processor time,as well as load sram, processor will not be able to do calculations, so ideally i want to transfer image to computer as fast as i can.

Second problem, this must work in labview/mathlab enviroment, and i am not that good with USB programming. Does any one have idea how to send image as fast as possible to computer with as little effort as possible ?

One idea is to use USB HS PHY (on board or external) but programing is a bit too difficult.
processor is STM32F429 running at 180MHz 144pin

Outcomes