AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32CubeMX clock config bugs

Question asked by hersey.stephen.001 on Apr 8, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 by STM32Cube-T
I have two probably-related bugs relating to clock configuration in the pinout and clock configuration wizards of the STM32CubeF4 tool; I have been unable to find any references to these bugs, so I don't know if there's a tool limitation I haven't found in the documentation yet...

On a project using the STM32F405RGTx with an external 32.768 KHz crystal on the OSC32 pins, the clock config wizard does not allow me to configure the RTC clock mux to use the LSE, although I have appropriately configured the pins as OSC32 and have enabled the LSE in the RCC section of the pinout wizard. The RTC clock mux remains grayed out and cannot be changed from its default setting.

On a project using the STM32F205RCTx (testing the ability of STM32CubeMX to replicate an existing product design for the F2 series), the pinout wizard does not allow me to configure OSC32_IN and OSC32_OUT as GPIO output pins, although the LSE is disabled in the RCC. Since I'm using this exact GPIO configuration in deployed code, I know it's possible to do this, so the GUI tool is wrong.

Outcomes