AnsweredAssumed Answered

Please help using LSM330D

Question asked by seong.kieun on May 3, 2013
Latest reply on May 6, 2013 by solomon.christopher

I am trying to get a gyroscope raw data using I2C. DEN_G is connected to MCU's GPIO and I set the register to use level trigger mode. I think I2C slave address is correct because when I read WHO_AM_I_G register I get 212 which is the same as default data in the datasheet. I do get a correct accel data but when I read the gyro data the data doesn't change when I move the chip. The gyro data is just a random variant number.

So I checked CTRL setting register from register address 0x20 to 0x2D(Using multi byte read). All the CTRL registers had a same data as I set them. But I found out that when I disable the Y,Z-axis data(only enabling X) the OUT_Y_L,H OUT_Z_L,H still has a data. I think I am not reading the incorrect OUT X,Y,Z register because I used multi byte read method from 0x20 to 0x2D.(0x28~0x2D are OUT_X,Y,Z address).

So can anyone give me an advice why setting CTRL register doesn't work? Is it a hardware problem? or do I have to clear some bits to get a gyro data after I read accel data?

Thank you

Outcomes