AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32F103 USB Composite Device random comm problems in Windows 8

Question asked by ea4frb on Jul 15, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2013 by ea4frb
I developed a device based on the STM32F103 MCU that implements an USB MSC + Custom HID composite device based on the ST USB FS library 4.0.0. The Custom HID is used to upload data (following a command/response exchange format with 18bytes length) to a PC at relatively high rate.

This has been working fine with Windows XP and Windows 7 OSs, but this does not work well under Windows 8. The device works well under Win8 for mass storage but with the Custom HID the communication interrupts at a random time.The communication can be resumed by cycling the device power or waiting some time.

After analyzing the traces with a software USB sniffer it looks like it is related to IN packets that are not delivered to the PC (crc or timeout errors) and the PC stops accepting IN packets from this endpoint. I tried to globally disable the Win8 selective suspend feature but with the same result.

I am investigating deeper the problem but I would like to know if anyone has a similar issue with Win 8 or has any hint about the possible cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Outcomes