The Embedded Pi, based on STMicroelectronics Cortex-M3 STM32F103RB MCU, is an accessory for Raspberry Pi, with Arduino footprint (I/O headers rev3) to give easy access to Arduino shields. The purpose is to make Embedded Pi to integrate and blend all the three communities together: Raspberry Pi, Arduino & ARM, and help to exploit the functionality of one platform from the other.
Embedded Pi has three operation modes, selectable by jumpers. Embedded Pi and the Raspberry Pi can work independently, Embedded Pi allows Raspberry Pi to control Arduino shields both directly and indirectly.
1. Provides Raspberry Pi with easy access to abundant Arduino shields.
- Compatible with both 5V and 3.3V Arduino shields, selectable with jumpers
- Hundreds of Arduino shields available on the market enhance the control capability of Raspberry Pi, e.g. to control Motor, sensors, etc.
- 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 STM32F103RB MCU operating at 72MHz, with 128KB Flash, 20KB RAM, motor control, USB, and CAN
- Hundreds of Arduino shields available on the market with extremely portable drivers provided or to be shared by CooCox and CoFans
- A complete set of FREE CooCox tools for ARM development
- A common footprint next to Arduino footprint for connection with expansion daughter cards which will be developed by CooCox
3. Raspberry Pi and the STM32 MCU can work independently or in conjunction with each other to control the Arduino shields or other accessories.