AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting Speaker Tone from DAC Peripheral

Question asked by nurizade.yusif on Apr 25, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 28, 2013 by Clive One
Hello,

I am a first time poster on this forum so please bear with me.

I am using CMSIS to get the DAC peripheral to play a simple tune. I am working off an example I found online which I have simplified to play only one note (single tone) before moving on to the tune.

I am able to build the target, however, when I download it onto the micro-controller, nothing happens. It was suggested to me that this may be due to my not having set a frequency to the DAC, specifically one that would be audible to the human ear. If this is the case, I am curious why this was not touched upon in the example provided and why it is not mentioned in the DAC peripheral files (.c, .h) in CMSIS? Furthermore, I was under the impression that the timer trigger that I've used (see attached) would dictate the frequency of the tone. Is this not the case?

If the issue I am having is not related to frequency, I would appreciate any advice that could point me in the right direction.

I've included a zip of the working example I found online as well as the main.c file of the code I used to implement my design. The rest is just standard CMSIS that I found on the site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Yusif Nurizade

Attachments

Outcomes