AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32 and signing USB Drivers

Question asked by k.r.001 on Sep 10, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 by Clive One
I designed some devices based on STM32 microcontrollers. Some of the devices use USB to communicate with Windows applications. To overcome problems with USB drivers i used Mass Storage Class which does not require to install any drivers. The STM32 emulates FAT system so it is possilble to communicate with the device by means of writing and reading files from/to the device (Windows "thinks" that it is connected to a pendrive device but in fact STM32 only emulates FAT file system). However, this way is not convenient because it is slower and needs to use much code to work (SCSII commands send to pendrive, FAT system etc.). I can write USB driver using Windows Device Framework but it needs to be digitally signed. Without signing Windows will not load the driver. I know there is WinUSB driver available but it still needs to be signed to be loaded by Windows. Is there any way to overcome the problem ? I read about some methods that can disable checkking of drivers digital signatures but it doesn't seem to be good solution...

Outcomes