AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32F207IG w/ STM3220G eval bootloading issue

Question asked by h.brad on Sep 21, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2011 by h.brad
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here and I am having issues with the IAP found here at STM's website. I am using Rowley Crossworks and the IAP files do not support that. Instead I created my own project and got the bootloader to run fine using USART communication. The first problem I ran into was when downloading my *.bin blinky program in FLASH_If_Write when it checks the data written to flash it was coming back and saying it did not match the SRAM content. I commented this out and was able to upload my whole bin file. If I look where blinky was written the code looks 100% fine. I am writing to 0x08008000 and my bootloader is at 0x08000000. I made sure the code doesn't overlap.

Now my real issue is jumping to the blinky application. The code sequence
      JumpAddress = *(__IO uint32_t*) (APPLICATION_ADDRESS + 4);
      /* Jump to user application */
      Jump_To_Application = (pFunction) JumpAddress;
      /* Initialize user application's Stack Pointer */
      __set_MSP(*(__IO uint32_t*) APPLICATION_ADDRESS);
      Jump_To_Application();
Jump address ends up pointing to location 0x08000351 and my debugger just goes to
 DEFAULT_ISR_HANDLER reset_wait      in startup.s.

Now I know my blinky app works as I tested stand alone. Two questions: While debugging should I expect the blinky app the execute after the jump? Has anyone experienced this or can provide an insight to what the issue maybe?

Thanks in advance and sorry if anything I posted is confusing this is my first technical post.

Outcomes