AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32F429-Disco1 VCP connection

Question asked by doles.damian on Oct 26, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 26, 2016 by Clive One
Hello,
I have problem with my new Discovery kit with STM32F429ZI uC. When I plug the board to the USB port I see three connected devices in Windows Device Manage - ST Link Dongle as Usb device, ST Link Virtual Port Com which is installed at port COM4 and ST Link Mass Storage. The ST Link firmware is upgraded to 2.28.18 version. So if I have build-on serial port why would I use external USB->Serial Port converter (at 3,3V) with for example FTDI chip? I wrote some code for USART at FreeRTOS and it works for other usart modules and pins. When I use USART1, PA9 and PA10 pins I can't receive full string on PC side. I receive at either the letter of all string letters. For example If I send string "USART FreeRTOS! \n\r", receive on PC terminal 'S' \n 'R' \n 'R'. I've configured CPU clocks (I know that in system_stm32f4xx.c file the HSE_VALUE is 25 MHz and the PLL values must be change. CPU clock work fine, because I have good timings on FreeRTOS TaskDelays, blinks the LED and the other USART send data correct.

So...what should I do to correct use of USART1 and Virtual Port COM in ST Link? Windows drivers are incorrect? The baudrate is wrong? (I've tested many and not work). SB11 and SB15 bridges was soldered by producer while first Discovery usage, therefore, I believe that it has to be OK.

Outcomes