AnsweredAssumed Answered

Reload STM32L476-Discovery demonstration on Mac

Question asked by Aussie Susan on Jan 16, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2016 by Aussie Susan
Very much a new learner to these chips and the associated tools (but a long time micro-controller and IT developer).
Environment:
- STM32L476 Discovery kit
- AC6's System Workbench (under Windows 10 ia VM under OSX 10.11.2)
- Latest ST-LINK software (downloaded form the GIT repository today 16 Jan 2016)
- STM32Cubel4 (zip file that expands to STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.2.0)

The ./st-util command works, can communicate with the device (it would appear to provide correct information).

From the zip file I can see two demonstration files STM32CubeDemo_STM32L476G-Discovery-V1.0.3.hex and -V1.0.4.hex.

When I use the "./st-flash write <filename> 0x8000000" command with either of the .hex files, I get a series of messages that would appear to show the file being loaded into the chip - they end with "Flash written and verified! jolly good!".

However the demonstration program does not start, even if I power the device down and reconnect it.

Can someone please provide me with step-by-step instructions as to what I should be doing to reload the program that the discovery board came with? (Please assume I am an intelligent idiot so assume nothing!)

By the way, using the System Workbench under Windows 10, I have managed to write a short program to flash a LED on the board and it works. However I have no idea where the ST-LINK software is located on the Windows device so I have not tried loading this file from there. I assume there is there is a way of using that platform to load a HEX file but it is current;y beyond me!

Thanks

Susan

Outcomes