AnsweredAssumed Answered

Nucleo-F411RE - STLink does not function

Question asked by ro.dru on Sep 19, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2015 by ro.dru
After using the Disco boards for awhile I have recently purchased a Nucleo board to try out.

I plug it in to the same tools I was successfully working with the F4 Disco board and... nothing!

STM Dfuse demonstrator does not even list it as being connected in the drop down, and when I try to connect using Open OCD it fails.

I have downloaded the new STlink drivers off of the Nucleo F411 web page and updated both the ST link driver and the firmware on the board (2 separate downloads)

Strangely enough the included flash tool to update the on board STlink connected fine and said it was updated but when I go back to the DFuse or OpenOCD tools there is still nothing there.

One other peculiar thing is that the mbed part of it seems to add a new drive in windows explorer when connecting the board.

The only suggestion I have found on forums is to update the drivers, which I did, and now I am at a loss.

I really am not interested in the mbed platform so how do I get this back to a dev board that will work with the standard tools?

Outcomes