AnsweredAssumed Answered

NUCLEO-F103RB USB Virtual COM Port Ceases to Function after 2-4 minutes

Question asked by rollman.jeff.001 on Jul 2, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 10, 2015 by rollman.jeff.001

I have my Nucleo-F103RB virtual serial port over USB working for a short period of time. Usually around 2-4 minutes it will continue to push data across to my terminal. Then serial data will stop.  USB is still functions, I can program the Nucleo just fine after serial data stalls. I see data being sent by the application micro (via serial) to the STLINK micro. No error is reported by windows device manager, the COM port is still functioning as far as Windows 7 (64-bit) is concerned. But serial data coming into the STLINK to the from the application micro never makes its way through to the USB.  Reprogramming the micro or resetting the micro doesn't fix it. The only way to make it work again is by unplugging the nucleo from the computer.

I installed the STLINK009 is installed in windows.  If I were a betting man, I'd say there is something wrong with the STLINK firmware, possibly sketchy support of USB 3.0.  I've tried a couple of older computers, and they all function correctly.

I've changed the baud rate, the data being sent, the com port number. I've tried multiple USB ports.  I've tried every STLINK firmware available. Same result.

Anyone familiar with this issue?  I am working on a Dell Precision M3800.

Outcomes