AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with STM32F051 USART2

Question asked by Ken.c on May 22, 2014
Latest reply on May 22, 2014 by Clive One
STM32F051 Discovery USART2 problem
I wanted to know if someone can help me with a problem I am having with the STM32F051 USART.
I’m using the STM32F0DISCOVERY kit and have added a few additional LED’s for testing which are working.  However, I am trying to send a character to the terminal using USART2 in the while loop in main.c which is not working.  The USART initialization is done in a separate file stm32f0_discovery.c.  These are the same files provided by Atollic which I have modified.  I am also using the Adafruit USB to UART cable to connect directly to the USART pins on the discovery board, and TeraTerm for terminal emulation.  I only have tx and rx wires hooked to the board since it is powered from the computers USB port.  There are two issues that I cannot resolve.

First, in TeraTerm I am not seeing the character I am sending.  Instead, I am seeing what appears to be ASCII code 152 (a lower case letter y with two dots on top).

Second, I sometimes get the following message in the TrueStudio debug window “Target is not responding, retrying..." in which case I see no characters sent to the terminal.

I’ve attached the two source files above to this post.
Thanks...

Attachments

Outcomes