AnsweredAssumed Answered

New to STM32's and MCU's in General

Question asked by Dylan144GT on Aug 26, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 by markt
Hi All,

My name is Dylan and I am new to STM32 MCU's and the more nitty gritty of MCU's in general. I have wet my appetite with Arduino and have had a lot of fun doing so. But I want more and so I have invested in a Nucleo 64 board, the STM32F446RE and I want to now start playing with it.

I want to do this properly though and so I have gone the Atollic Lite route with STM32CubeMX plugged in. I have now gotten a bit stuck - with the Arduino, you plug your board in, start programming then you see it do things. Great. But with this you need to configure the peripherals first and then go onto program it. I have started off with the bast board selector to configure the board but I am unable to see how one starts to "code" the board (I do realize I sound like a complete novice, so please bear with me, we all start somewhere).  From what I am gathering, the procedure here is to build the project once the board has been configured and one has done a bit of coding in "main.c" and then to go into the debugging perspective to step through your code.

If you could please set me on the right path with a tutorial or two perhaps, that would be great. I have tried the Atollic website and YouTube for direction but I am a little lost.

Your help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dylan

Outcomes