AnsweredAssumed Answered

STemWin Demo on STM32fx9I Eval with freeRTOS

Question asked by norwood.david on Jan 14, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2014 by norwood.david
I recently purchased a STM32Fx9I eval board with the MB1046 display.  In the STemWin_Library_V1.1.1, there is a demo for this eval board that runs two freeRTOS tasks (one for toggling LEDs and another for the display).  For me, the LEDs toggle, but the display works for about 2 seconds and then messes up.  At first, I see the demo screen for about 2 seconds, then it starts going crazy.  Lots of colors fly across the screen at a fast rate.  

Anyway, I've looked at some the threads pertaining to some basic setup configurations, and mine are there.    NVIC_PriorityGroupConfig(NVIC_PriorityGroup_4) is my first line in main.c.  I increased the stack size and still no luck.  I'm still debugging, but it looks like somewhere after the LCD_X_Config and GUI_X_Config is where it starts
malfunctioning.  

In addition to a freeRTOS version of the demo, there is a standalone version which functions correctly - the LEDs toggle and all the demo screens cycle through without a glitch.   

I figured while I debug, I would post this thread to see if anyone experienced this problem, or perhaps anyone with some freeRTOS experience could through out some ideas.

Outcomes