AnsweredAssumed Answered

problem with clocking the SDIO for STM32F2xx

Question asked by t.muhammad on Aug 2, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2013 by t.muhammad
I have the PORT board , with STM32F207ZG , I have written my own SD library , since i did not feel good using the built in library , ...... the library i wrote is working correctly as it should be , and i wrote n read from the card correctly , but I just have a problem with clocking .... this is the configurations i have in the main ()
{
uint32_t temp; 
    temp=0;
    RCC->CFGR=0x00000000;
    RCC->CFGR|=(uint32_t)(0x09<<4);//AHB Prescalar of 4
    //RCC->CFGR|=(0x06<<13); //APB2 prescalar (if i uncomment this line , card wont initialize) 
    //
    //
    temp|=(0x08<<24); //  PLL Division factor for SDIO (PLLQ) = 8
    temp|=0x08;         // Main Division Factor for PLL input (PLLM) = 8  
    temp|=(0xC0<<6); // Main PLL multiplication factor (PLLN) = 192
    temp|=(3<<16); // Main Division Factor for PLL output (PLLP) = 8
    RCC->PLLCFGR=temp;
    RCC->CR|=(1<<24);
    while(!(RCC->CR & (1<<25))); // Waiting for PLL output to be ready
    //RCC->CFGR|=(1<<1); // PLL is the system clock (if i uncomment this line , the card wont initialize , idk y )

//
    //
}
and on the SD_CARD_INIT()
{
  SDIO->CLKCR=0x00000000;    
  SDIO->CLKCR|=120; // Clock division factor but it has no meaning as long as bypass is enabled
 SDIO->CLKCR|=(1<<10); //By_pass enabled (if i comment this line , it wont work)
  SDIO->CLKCR|=(1<<8); // Clock enabled
  SDIO->POWER=0x00000003;
  //
  //  Initialization Sequence
  //
}
so the problem now is that i can not use the 96 MHz for the core processor or the card will fail initialization , even if i make sure that the clock on the APB2 domain is less than 60 MHz as the manual says , ..... but the other interesting fact is that according to these configurations , the card initialization is done via 48 MHZ clock , rather than 400KHZ or less ???!!!!!!!!!
This is urgent guys , cuz i really started to doubt this chip .

Outcomes