AnsweredAssumed Answered

SPBT2632C2A iOS discoverability and settings/firmware for new Android app

Question asked by tulu.nebiyou on Jul 31, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 by Marchese.Graziella
Hello,

I have a couple of questions about the SPBT2632C2A Bluetooth module. First when I set the Class of Device (COD) variable to 040680 the module is no longer discover-able on iOS devices such as an iPad. When the COD variable is at its default setting it is discover-able on iOS devices. So why would changing it to 040680 cause it be no longer discover-able? Is there a setting to fix that or would that require a modification in the firmware?

Also I am testing the module with a new Android application and for some reason the application does not find it when the module is paired with the Android tablet. Is there a firmware modification that needs to be made before the module can be used with new applications on Android?

And another issue I have with Android is that when the COD is set to 040680 the module's icon is not always a printer. Most of the time the icon is just the default icon for Bluetooth devices in Android. So would this issue require a firmware modification to fix?

And I do realize that this forum is meant for standard Bluetooth parts but I just want my message to be seen by someone at ST and just want a quicker response.

Outcomes