AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32_CrypLib help needed

Question asked by chrisw on Jan 26, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 by Nesrine M
Hello,

First of all, I am very new to ARM development. I have a project that uses the an STM32F4XX.. and I have the STM32_CrypLib V2.0.6 library and example code. However, the example code uses the driver sin STM32F4xx_StdPeriph_Driver, where as the project I want to use it in uses a more recent set of HAL drivers. I thought it should be easy to change all the include paths, and point the library to my newer HAL, however I am still getting these linking errors:

.\STM324x7I_EVAL\STM324x7I_EVAL.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol RCC_AHB1PeriphClockCmd (referred from crypto.o).
.\STM324x7I_EVAL\STM324x7I_EVAL.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol RCC_AHB2PeriphClockCmd (referred from crypto.o).
.\STM324x7I_EVAL\STM324x7I_EVAL.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol RNG_Cmd (referred from crypto.o).
.\STM324x7I_EVAL\STM324x7I_EVAL.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol RNG_DeInit (referred from crypto.o).

I seems that crypto.c is part of the library I am using (M4_CryptoFW_RngHW_2_0_6.lib) and it seems to have been build against the StdPeriph drivers. I can make this build by adding these drivers from the StdPeriph set:

stm32f4xx_rng.c
stm32f4xx_rcc.c

but I feel this is hackish and might not work as expected. To build I also had to make changes to stm32f4xx.h. Am I making this overly complicated? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Chris

Outcomes