AnsweredAssumed Answered

__ADCX_FORCE_RESET() not seen

Question asked by Keaven on Aug 3, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 by Amel N
I am using the version 1.3.1. of stm32f4xx hal drivers.  I am using the 3 ADCs.  ADC1 and ADC2 in dual mode DMA interrupt driven and ADC3 regular conversion.

As you can in the code below I am using the functions __ADCx_FORCE_RESET() (x= 1, 2, and 3) .  I dont understand why but the functions don't link.  I get undefined symbol.  I must use __ADC_FORCE_RESET() to get it work but it will reset all ADCs which I don't want.

Any ideas why?

Thank you

void HAL_ADC_MspDeInit(ADC_HandleTypeDef* hadc)
{
    if(hadc->Instance == ADC1)
    {
        /*##-1- Reset peripherals ##################################################*/
        __ADC1_FORCE_RESET();
        __ADC1_RELEASE_RESET();

/*##-2- Disable peripherals and GPIO Clocks ################################*/
        HAL_GPIO_DeInit(GPIOC, GPIO_PIN_3);

/*##-3- Disable the DMA Streams ############################################*/
        HAL_DMA_DeInit(&hDMA2_ADC);

/*##-4- Disable the NVIC for DMA ###########################################*/
        HAL_NVIC_DisableIRQ(DMA2_Stream0_IRQn);
    }

if(hadc->Instance == ADC2)
    {
        __ADC2_FORCE_RESET();
        __ADC2_RELEASE_RESET();
    }

if(hadc->Instance == ADC3)
    {
        __ADC3_FORCE_RESET();
        __ADC3_RELEASE_RESET();

/*##-2- Disable peripherals and GPIO Clocks ################################*/
        HAL_GPIO_DeInit(GPIOF, GPIO_PIN_7);
    }       
}

Outcomes