cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STVD (Visual Develop) cannot set breakpoint on mouse click

Chan.Calvin
Associate II

Hi all

I have recently changed my computer, and reinstall STVD for the development of STM8 applicaiton.using cosmic compiler. In my old computer, I used to set up breakpoint by just double clicking the very left column (where line number appears) at the statement of the source code viewer, and a red dot appears making the breakpoint set. with my new computer, that does not work, clicking the mouse at the left column does not have any effect to set breakpoint. The alternative way is the right click popup and select insert/remove breakpoint.

Is there any one out there having the same problem, and any way in settings to enable this feature?

Rgds

Calvin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kmax18
Senior

The STVD Editor's margin features are configurable. In the Tools >> Options >> Edit window uncheck the 'Margin selection' box in order to enable the setting of breakpoints. See the below screenshot and the STVD Manual section 2.7.1 'Customizing editor features'.

0693W00000Uo8UOQAZ.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kmax18
Senior

The STVD Editor's margin features are configurable. In the Tools >> Options >> Edit window uncheck the 'Margin selection' box in order to enable the setting of breakpoints. See the below screenshot and the STVD Manual section 2.7.1 'Customizing editor features'.

0693W00000Uo8UOQAZ.png

Chan.Calvin
Associate II

Thank you KMath.1, it works.

Calvin.

Thanks for the feedback @Chan.Calvin​. Please click on 'Best Answer' so the topic is marked as answered. Thank you!