cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE GDB Debug Port Clashed with Windows SearchApp.exe 62325

Garnett.Robert
Senior III

Hi

I had a problem where the GDB Server couldn't connect to the assigned port 62325.

0693W00000LvgOrQAJ.png 

Using Windows Sysinternals TCPView I ascertained that SearchApp.exe was using that port.

I changed back to the default port and all was well.

The question I have is there anything special about the defualt port number, or has it been arbitrarily set to the port region above 60000 as there don't seem to be any standard port definitions in this range?

Regards

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Garnett.Robert
Senior III

Hi Markus,

Thank's for your enquiry.

Yes I did.

I fixed it myself, but I raised the post mainly to help others should they have a similar problem.

I changed the port, because I was having trouble with connection when I had STMStudio running on another board.

Of course the port number wasn't the issue and I forgot to set it back to the default.

The SearchApp is something to do with Windows 10 Cortana, I think.

best regards

Rob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

There's nothing special about it other than that's what was chosen as a default, so other programs/scripts may be expecting it to be on that port. But there's no reason another port number can't be used.

FWIW, my installation uses 61234 and I doubt I ever changed it.

Edit: a search of "gdb port 62325" doesn't turn up anything useful. Sure you didn't change it?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello Rob,

Did you get it to work? As long as you're between something like 43000 and 65000 there shouldn't be a problem as long as there is no conflict with another application. I'm not sure what SearchApp.exe is but as TDK mentioned if you go to the debug configuration and change it to the default value of 61234 there shouldn't be any problem.

Garnett.Robert
Senior III

Hi Markus,

Thank's for your enquiry.

Yes I did.

I fixed it myself, but I raised the post mainly to help others should they have a similar problem.

I changed the port, because I was having trouble with connection when I had STMStudio running on another board.

Of course the port number wasn't the issue and I forgot to set it back to the default.

The SearchApp is something to do with Windows 10 Cortana, I think.

best regards

Rob