cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap mixed-signal MCU

AMend.7
Associate III

Hi,

Are there plans for a mixed-signal Cortex-M7?

8 REPLIES 8
STOne-32
ST Employee

Hi @AMend.7 ,

Can you share the application use case ? And why having Mixed General - vertical with Cortex-M7 . Yes , we have a roadmap for next generation STM32G4 !

Thank You again for joining us during our STM32 Summit - Your feedback matters .

Cheers,

STOne-32

Hi, STOne-32

We are UPS manufacturers, we already use the STM32G4 in a single-phase product. Now we have plans to design a new three-phase equipment in the near future. And we would like to use a single microcontroller for both the PFC and the Inverter. The analog and digital integration of the current STM32G4 is sufficient for this application, but more processing would be required.

Will this new generation of STM32G4 have greater processing than the current one? Will it use another CPU instead of the cortex-m4?

Dear @AMend.7 ,

Very clear , I would recommend to be in touch with my colleagues in Brazil they will contact you and get engage Technical discussions  on that Roadmap . @B.Montanari  

boa noite

STOne-32

etheory
Senior

I'm in the same position. I am using a G4 for an professional audio product (due to the ADC/DAC/Cordic/FMAC/analog features) and more processing power would be immensely useful.

falaat
Associate II

I`m also power electronics designer i have used STM32G4 for DAB converter a and inverter control. It have well suitable perphial for power electronics but for some morę demanding aplications it is to słów comapre to Texas Instruments DSP. I`m also power electronics designer i have used STM32G4 for DAB converter a and inverter control. It have well suitable perphial for power electronics but for some morę demanding aplications it is too slow comapre to Texas Instruments DSP. 

falaat
Associate II

@STOne-32 any new information about new mixed signal stm32 microcontroller with cortex-m7 core and peripherals like in STM32G4 ?

AMend.7
Associate III

I hope that ST is developing a new high-performance mixed-signal microcontroller. Because Infineon has already announced the PSOC CONTOL, Microchip has released the DSPIC33A, Nuvoton has released the KM1M7C with Cortex-M7 and Geehy has announced the G32R7 with Cortex-M52 dual core, very interesting.
Unfortunately, ST does not disclose its plans before the launch, even after extensive inquiries to local support, they only say that they cannot provide anything at the moment!

Yes ST competitors are developing new powerful microcontrollers. Besides those mentioned TI microcontrollers are widely used in power electronics. TMS microcontrollers which have a lot of analog, digital, and computational peripherals, which are well suits for power electronics. I have used STM32F4, STM32F7, and STM32G4 for power electronics converter control. Specialy STM32G4 have nice periphials but the computional power is sometimes to low.