cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vddcore voltage is unstable

fantasylsdo
Associate II

Dears,

I use STM32MP151FAD3 together with STPMIC1. 

Nowdays I monitored the voltage of vddcore and found it's not stable shown as below.

_cgi-bin_mmwebwx-bin_webwxgetmsgimg__&MsgID=7515540295550502950&skey=@crypt_dce42f5b_a52fee0d437397af06da53efe79478a2&mmweb_appid=wx_webfilehelper.jpeg

Mostly it's around 1.2v while sometimes it's up to 1.33v .

Referring to documentation, I guess it's casued by dynamic voltage and freqency scaling (DVFS). Is my thought correct? Also, is it a normal scenario? will the ustable vddcore have any inflence on EMC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @fantasylsdo ,

What you see is normal.

Please have a look to https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_change_the_CPU_frequency#OPP_table_2

PatrickF_0-1700465029676.png

I think the transitions recurrence between two OPP are too slow to affect the EMC, but obviously, there could be different spectrum of the emission on each CPU frequency (but usually, board emissions are dominated by external interfaces such as DDR or else).

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
liaifat85
Senior II

If DVFS is enabled, please check the configuration settings and thresholds. Adjusting these settings might help stabilize the voltage if necessary.

Thanks for your reply. How do I know whether DVFS is enabled or not? How to adjust these setting? Do you have any recommendation? 

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @fantasylsdo ,

What you see is normal.

Please have a look to https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_change_the_CPU_frequency#OPP_table_2

PatrickF_0-1700465029676.png

I think the transitions recurrence between two OPP are too slow to affect the EMC, but obviously, there could be different spectrum of the emission on each CPU frequency (but usually, board emissions are dominated by external interfaces such as DDR or else).

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.