cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 RCP evaluation

romihs
Associate II

Hi,

My 1st post here, so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong category.

2nd disclaimer, I'm predominantly a HW engineer, so I have a limited amount to SW experience.

I've been trying to put together a OT border router application on a BeagleBone Black, using the P-Necleo-WB55 board programmed as a RCP.

My intention is to build a border router (and other products) using the STM32WB5 modules.

I followed the OpenThread instructions to setup the BBB Debian installation, with the only difference being that I interfaced the BBB to the RCP directly via a UART interface. Naturally, I am struggling to get it working.

I've managed to see UART traffic from the BBB platform, but have not been able to get any UART communication with the STM32WB55.

I also looked into this ST article on how to setup a border router, where the author comments that one can connect to the STM32WB55 board to a hyperterminal to view the RCP logs:

• Connect one HyperTerminal (ST_Link) to be able to get the RCP running logs.

I've tried to figure out how the ST RCP software is configuring the interfaces on the STM32WB55RC, but I'm still too green in that department.

If anyone has experience with the ST RCP demo application, and could help me out a bit, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
romihs
Associate II

Sorted the issue out... I must have flashed the FW on the RCP incorrectly initially, once I reflashed the radio FW and uploaded the RCP application, I started to see UART logs from the Nuclio board (RCP).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
romihs
Associate II

Sorted the issue out... I must have flashed the FW on the RCP incorrectly initially, once I reflashed the radio FW and uploaded the RCP application, I started to see UART logs from the Nuclio board (RCP).