cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to get the 53L5A1 time of flight sensor to work on either a P-NUCLEO-WB55 or the NUCLEO-WB55RG but I can get it to work on the NUCLEO-F401RE.

MSong.4
Associate II

I have followed the video tutorial Getting-Started-X-CUBE-TOF1-sub-titles-burned from the st website on the st website and used the documentation also from the st website Getting started with X-NUCLEO-53L3A2 multi target ranging ToF sensor expansion board based on VL53L3CX for STM32 Nucleo - User manual

but I am unable to get the sensor working. I have used a oscilloscope and have found that no data is flowing on the I2C bus (on either WB board) I have also tried to initialise the other I2C ports but they are also negative. Following the previous instructions I have got the sensor working on the NUCLEO-F401RE board so I am thinking either something is wrong with the physical boards setup (the jumper connections) or the auto generated code needs modifying in some way. I use the STM32CubeIDE to auto generate the basic code that I believe should work as it does with the F401RE board but I have run out of ideas of why it is not working. I have followed the same process for the different chipsets (I have attached a picture of one of them) but no luck with getting it working. Any advice would be great because I have run out of things to try from current suggestions online

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

The X-CUBE-TOF1 is tuned to run on NUCLEO-F401RE and NUCLEO-L476RG. Indeed, to use it on P-NUCLEO-WB55, first you should check if there isn't any hardware conflict on GPIOs. Then, you can start with a simple example available in STM32CubeWB package and add the code to support the X-NUCLEO-53L3A2.

You can also look BLE_Sensor example which demonstrate capabilities of STM32WB5MM-DK Discovery kit which embed a time-of-flight sensor (VL53L0).

Best Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

The X-CUBE-TOF1 is tuned to run on NUCLEO-F401RE and NUCLEO-L476RG. Indeed, to use it on P-NUCLEO-WB55, first you should check if there isn't any hardware conflict on GPIOs. Then, you can start with a simple example available in STM32CubeWB package and add the code to support the X-NUCLEO-53L3A2.

You can also look BLE_Sensor example which demonstrate capabilities of STM32WB5MM-DK Discovery kit which embed a time-of-flight sensor (VL53L0).

Best Regards