cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get the Demo binary firmware for external NOR memory on the STM32756G EVAL board?

TT.3
Associate II

I found a zip file on the Evaluation board with STM32F756NG MCU ​web page name “STM32756G-EVAL compiled demo binary 1.0�?,downloaded and unzip it. But it just some media files such as audio vedio picture and music. It has nothing about compiled binary file�?

Then I turn to CubeMX software and find an example about STemWin. It saids that it was the demo example on the  STM32756G EVAL board. I open and transfer it into MDK project,then compile it. I found an readme.txt .It said "Use "STM32CubeDemo_STM327x6G-EVAL_VX.Y.Z.hex" file provided under �Binary� with STM32 ST-Link Utility to program both internal Flash and external NOR memory".I do install ST-Link Utility ,but can not find such a file in my PC!

Can anyone help to solve this problem?Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pull the V1.15.0 CubeF7 into your repository, the file is present there, looks to have be removed in later versions

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32756G_EVAL\Demonstrations\STemWin\Binary\STM32CubeDemo_STM327x6G-EVAL_V1.5.0.hex

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TT.3
Associate II

A supplement information to this problem:I open an readme.txt in “C:\Users\Administrator\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32756G_EVAL\Demonstrations\STemWin\Binary�?

It said“The binary demonstration files are available from the STM32746G-EVAL or STM32756G-EVAL pages in the Binary Resources section.Please refer to: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32756g-eval.html�?​

So ​it seems an endless loop......

Pull the V1.15.0 CubeF7 into your repository, the file is present there, looks to have be removed in later versions

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32756G_EVAL\Demonstrations\STemWin\Binary\STM32CubeDemo_STM327x6G-EVAL_V1.5.0.hex

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks a lot!

You are really helpful!:party_popper: :party_popper: :party_popper:

Finally I get it!

Since my Eval board is on the way ,

I'll try to download the file ASAP:D :D :D

It'a a good news that I run the demo successful on my STM32756G-EVAL!

Thank you again!

TT.3
Associate II

And I'd like to note some information for someone may interest in this board

1)make sure that the boot option switch SW1(on the top of the board) is in position"0"(boot from "Embedded User Flash memory" mode);

2)download tool can be either ST-Link Utility or STM32 Programmer.

if use ST-Link Utility please follow the instruction in the readme.txt;

if use STM32 Programmer,just load the hex and press download button.

3)for some unknown reasons ,neither the MDK generated hex nor the STM32IDE generated hex can run on the borad

if anyone know what's the matter ,please don't be hesitate to tell me.

Thank you!