cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Designer orientation change not working properly

AndreaC
Associate III

Hi. I tried to modify the demo that comes with the STM32U5A9J-DK.

When I modified display orientation (Config->Display->Display orientation in TGFXD) I found that it's not handled correctly. In the "SVG" screen there's a couple of logos which should move around to show all the resizing and transforming capabilities of svg graphics.

If orientation is changed they still move around but they leave a kind of "trail" and some other artifact.

If I switch back orientation everything works properly.

After applying the modifications, I just generated code by using TouchGFX Designer 4.22.0 and then compiled and loaded it with STMCubeIDE 1.13.1. I had no errors or warnings.

Is it a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @AndreaC ,

Unfortunately, TouchGFX does not support dynamic orientation change like smart phones. When you change the display orientation, then you have to adjust everything manually to suit the new orientation. That's why when you reverted the display, the demo worked with no issues.

I hope this has answered your question.

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @AndreaC ,

Unfortunately, TouchGFX does not support dynamic orientation change like smart phones. When you change the display orientation, then you have to adjust everything manually to suit the new orientation. That's why when you reverted the display, the demo worked with no issues.

I hope this has answered your question.

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX