cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use BW_RLE image format on a 16bpp LCD

KStea.1
Associate II

I have a project that uses an arrow image in many parts of the UI. Currently the project has 5 different versions of the same image, but in different colours. I have limited flash space and would like to condense the 5 images down to 1 BW_RLE image. Is there a way I can use a BW_RLE image in a project that is set to 16bpp ? I want to be able to use the BW_RLE image and set the foreground and background colours.

If this was possible, there are many other images in the project that are flat with 1 colour, I want to be able to change these as well to BW_RLE. They are not basic shapes so they cannot be drawn and an image would have to be used.

Edit:

There are also images being saved to flash in different orientations. Is there no functionality to mirror images in the X & Y orientations for buttons?

I am sorry if I am being ignorant, but I have been given a project that uses TouchGFX and I have never used it before. My task is to condense the project because it is too large for the flash memory on the STM. I am trying to cut down on the image use because 50% of the flash is just images. I have started by turning most of the ARGB888 images to RGB565. Many of the RGB565 images do not need colour depth to be saved as they are flat 1 colour images. Many of the images are the same thing but in different orientations. Is there a way in TouchGFX to reduce the number of duplicate images. Can it display 1bpp images on a colour LCD with foreground and background colour control ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JTP1
Lead

Hello

Unfortunately it is not possible to use directly 1 bit image output format images in 16 or 24 bit project.

But this would be very good feature in future releases �?�?

Have you consider to use SVG- images ? Which TGFX version you are using now ? From 4.21 SVG's are supported.

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/ui-development/touchgfx-engine-features/svg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JTP1
Lead

Hello

Unfortunately it is not possible to use directly 1 bit image output format images in 16 or 24 bit project.

But this would be very good feature in future releases �?�?

Have you consider to use SVG- images ? Which TGFX version you are using now ? From 4.21 SVG's are supported.

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/ui-development/touchgfx-engine-features/svg